This page provides a guide to minimum charges and is in accordance with the recommendations of the Guild of Registered Tourist Guides.
Half-day of up to 4 hours whether:-
- Morning (finishing before 13:00)
- Afternoon (Starting after 13:30)
- Evening (finishing before 23:00)
Fee range £120 to £140 GBP
Where services are required for longer than 4 hours up to a maximum 9 hours in one day:-
Full day fee 265 GBP (includes guide's lunch break of one hour).
Overtime and un-sociable hours
Where services are required in addition to the above:-
- 07:00 to 23:00 £40.00 per hour
- 23:00 to 07:00 £60.00 per hour
Quotations will be prepared and will include:-
- Fees for administration associated with bespoke tour planning and preparation.
- Fees for vehicle hire requested by the client
- Hire of the guide's services but not including refreshments and/or gratuities.
- A deposit of 20% of the full, agreed fee will be required upon acceptance of the quotation and will confirm your booking.
- Payment is required in pounds sterling (GBP) with cheques made payable to 'MA Ford'. Please note, we are only able to accept cheques drawn on UK banks.
- Payment in full is required a minimum of 14 days prior to the booking date.
- More than 14 days prior to the engagement - 25% of the total agreed fee.
- Between 14 days and 8 days - 50% of the agreed fee.
- Between 7 and 4 days - 75% of the agreed fee.
- Between 4 days and 1 day - 100% of the agreed fee.
We are fully insured by the Guild of Tourist Guides.
- Often individual sites of interest will restrict the number of visitors they permit to enter their premises in a group. Similarly, some sites impose restrictions on where guides may stop to talk to clients. Where possible we will advise of any restrictions at the time of booking.
- On a coach tour, there must be a seat provided for your guide with a safety belt, a working microphone and appropriate public address system. If there is no microphone/PA provided, the coach operator will be informed as soon as possible. If the tour continues without a working microphone/PA system the guidelines within the industry are that the guide is entitled to be paid and increment of 100% of the original fee until the omission is rectified.
- Always telephone us on +44 (0)1227 749513 for a quotation for bespoke tours.